Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Obama Georgia Headquarters Visit

Today I went to the Obama Headquarters office and purchased two t-shirts for me and my husband, made a donation to his campaign, and got free signs and stickers. The campaign center is just as you would imagine it---a room jam packed with folding tables and chairs. To every table there are four people (on laptops) squeezed in and making calls on traditional phones as well as cell phones. The voices of the volunteers is like loud background noise, yet there are people right at the front saying hello and welcoming you to the office. The walls have the Obama logo painted on it and the front door (glass) has a bunch of posters and signs. Very grassroots indeed.

As soon as they saw me they immediately flocked to me and asked me if I spoke Spanish. Yes, I definitely look Latina. They asked that I please contact another one of their hubs in Atlanta and volunteer to help with Hispanic outreach. I am definitely thinking about doing it. Although I would have to dedicate my weekend for it, I want to feel like I am part of his campaign---he's already given me so much through his inspiration, the least I can do is make some calls in Spanish. Obama 2008!

No comments: